Company: ConMet Monroe Facility
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Opportunity: MAINT002057Job Summary
- Participates in all aspects of maintenance, conducting
inspections and major equipment repairs under the direction of the
Maintenance Supervisor. The candidate will be part of a team that
ensures equipment meets ConMet standards for quality and production
rate at all times. The individual must be highly motivated, willing
to perform hands-on applications involving electrical, hydraulic,
and pneumatic systems.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Surveys all processes on a regular basis, following daily,
monthly, and annual maintenance routines for major equipment.
- Expedites work in response to equipment failures, performing
inspections and determining corrective actions.
- Repairs plant equipment in regards to all production machines,
fixtures, tooling, and facility necessaries.
- Fabricates and welds components as needed.
- Fills out work orders and assists equipment vendors on-site as
- Packages parts for shipment to repair facilities.
- Assists in assuring all equipment is safe for employees to
operate. Replaces or repairs machine guards or malfunctioned
equipment as needed.
- Performs monthly safety checks to stay in compliance with the
ConMet safety program.
- Assists in training of employees in production and safety.
- Abides by ConMet quality policy with reference to ISO/TS work
- Uses micrometers, calipers, and other gauges required to
- Operates a forklift as needed to move and position
- Expresses a willingness to assist in all operations of
manufacturing product at ConMet.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsEducation & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3+ years
of experience in plant maintenance is preferred.
- Forklift license is preferred but not required.Knowledge,
Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work in a highly responsive manner and ensure
production schedules are met.
- Experience with teardown and restoration of large CNC cells is
- Experience with maintenance of conveyor systems and hydraulic
assembly equipment is highly desired.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and other technical
drawings in a problem solving context.
- Willingness to support maintenance activities on other shifts
and on weekends as production schedules require.
- Ability to communicate on a technical level to vendors over the
phone and in person.
- Must uphold OSHA safety policies, including Control of
Hazardous Energy procedures (Lockout / Tagout).
- Visual acuity necessary for detailed part inspection.
- Ability to follow written work instructions.Environmental &
- Occupational noise exposure is high during performance of most
required duties. Adequate hearing protection is provided and
required at all times.
- Occupational exposure to fumes and dust is regularly
encountered. Personal Protective Equipment including safety glasses
and steel-toed, industrial footwear is required at all times.
- Some duties require repetitive reaching and lifting of objects
up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 60 lbs.
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ConMet
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local
laws ("Protected Characteristics"). Ensuring fair wages is an
important Company value. Accordingly, the Company will not pay
wages to any employee at a rate less than the Company pays to other
employees for work that is substantially equivalent and requires
comparable skills unless a bona fide factor justifies a pay
differential. The Company prohibits pay disparity based on
Protected Characteristics or prior salary history. The Company
prohibits retaliation against employees for discussing
compensation.You should be proficient in:
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Hydraulics Experience
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- PLC Programming Experience
- PLC Wiring Experience
- Pipefitting Skills
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Experience in a Manufacturing EnvironmentSalary info:$21 - $36
Keywords: ConMet Monroe Facility, Rock Hill , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Monroe, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...