Behavior Technician - No Certification Needed!
Company: Surpass Behavioral Health
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Behavior Technicians are responsible for implementing behavior
reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans with clients under
the supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts. The candidate
will provide individualized therapy services in a 1:1 teaching
format to children with autism in a clinical, school, and/or home
setting. To be successful in this role, a candidate will need to
display a compassionate nature, empathy, and discretion in their
work. The position will require excellent communication and time
management skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive
relationships with clients, supervisors, and colleagues. Prior
experience in a behavioral health setting is preferred.
Why Work Here:
- Billable and Non-billable time is paid at the same rate
- Start earning Paid Time Off (PTO) on your first day - with up
to 3.5 weeks off per year!
- Work Monday - Friday, no weekends required
- Excellent benefits package including health insurance, dental
insurance, vision insurance, 401k and more!
- Training and Professional Development opportunities available
to develop and strengthen your skillset as a Behavior
- Employee Incentive Referral Program
- Provide direct one-on-one therapeutic care to clients in a
home, school, clinic, and/or community setting in order to
implement behavioral treatment plans and instructional plans
utilizing ABA principles as directed by a Board Certified Behavior
- Collect and record data on intervention programs such as
client's self-help skills, communication skills, social skills,
and/or targeted behavior goals
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for clients and
- Assist with supporting clients during times of challenging
behaviors through the implementation of the client's behavior
support plan as developed by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst
- Partner with the Behavior Analyst to maintain ongoing
communication with parents/caregivers regarding the client's
progress and plan of care
- Communicate confidentially and professionally with Behavior
Analysts and other team members to discuss and collaborate
regarding client progress, challenges, and outcomes
- Complete session notes and timesheets per company protocols and
submit within the designated time frame.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of instructional
- Attend team meetings and on-going trainings, as necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in behavioral health, Early
Childhood Education, Psychology, Special Education, or related
- Ability to acquire RBT (Registered Behavior Technician)
certification within 45 days of hire date, with training provided
by Surpass Behavioral Health.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug
- Prior professional experience working with children with Autism
Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in a multi-disciplinary team setting is
- Valid CPR certification and other medical and training
requirements as specified by payors (or ability to obtain)
- Works with integrity and adheres to the BACB Ethical Code,
HIPAA practices, and company policies
- Ability to move freely, quickly, and frequently from a seated
position (on the floor or in a chair) to a standing position
- Ability to bend, kneel, crouch, and spend time on your feet as
well as the ability to lift items up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Note: this role requires the ability to spend a significant
amount of time crouching, crawling, and engaging with children on
the floor or standing for long periods of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Keywords: Surpass Behavioral Health, Rock Hill , Behavior Technician - No Certification Needed!, Professions , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...