Insurance Sales Agent, Retail (2804)
Company: National General Insurance Company
Location: Rock Hill
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Responsible for selling Customers P&C products, based on their needs, using cutting-edge technology, providing quotes and selling policies to insureds. Also this position is responsible for creating a positive relationship between NatGen and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Responsible for using various systems to track, gather information and answer customer inquiries
* Identify customer needs and works to meet those needs using sales tools and techniques
* Provide appropriate educational information
* Strive to sell the product that best meets each customer s needs
* Working in a team oriented environment
* Meeting key performance metrics such as sales, productivity and quality requirements
* Strives to sell the NatGen Insurance product that meets the customer's need or other products when appropriate
* Performs other duties as requested, including attending required meetings
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Complete New Hire Technical Training Program
* Property and Casualty license or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Demonstrates adequate/accurate typing speed while talking to the customer
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of auto policies and procedures
* Demonstrate thorough knowledge of underwriting guidelines
* Demonstrate thorough knowledge of billing guidelines
* Demonstrate professional phone etiquette
* Demonstrate proficiency with Sales systems
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
* Associates or Bachelor s degree, or equivalent customer service experience
* Prior experience working with the public in a customer service or sales environment
* Demonstrates the ability to make the Human Connection and empathize with the customers
* Demonstrates the ability to negotiate in order to adequately sell the brand and product
* Demonstrates basic math skills
* Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
* Demonstrates the ability to think analytically
* Demonstrates a high degree of dependability and motivation
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000. -
Apply Not ready to Apply*
Keywords: National General Insurance Company, Rock Hill , Insurance Sales Agent, Retail (2804), Sales , Rock Hill, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!